💖Ok ladies this topic is for you💖
If you know me well you know I’m pretty passionate about spreading light on women’s health issues (since finally being diagnosed with endo when I turned 30) so today I just want to talk about PERIODS. 🙊
Did you know having consistently painful periods isn’t normal??!!😱
Here are some underlining issues which can cause painful periods
Cells that normally line the uterus start to grow outside of the uterus. Endo can spread as far as the lungs but is usually found around the bladder, bowel, ovaries, fallopian tubes and uterus.
Non-cancerous tumours that grow in the uterus making periods heavy and painful
3. PELVIC INFLAMMATORY DISEASE
Where the uterus, fallopian tubes and ovaries become infected with bacteria causing them to become inflamed and sore. This is usually a result of an STI
The tissue that normally lines the uterus starts to grow within the walls of the uterus causing consistent severe pain. –
When should you see your doctor about your period pain? 😟
1. If you have Severe pain or you have heavy or irregular periods
2. You’ve tried the pill and you are still in pain
3. It hurts to go to the toilet
4. You feel like you have a urinary tract infection all the time
5. Sex hurts
6. You are literally bed bound when you have your period
7. Basic pain killers don’t’ help your period pain –
When should you see a specialist?
1. If you period pain hasn’t been managed by your Doctor within 3 months –
How can you treat painful periods as home when they happen? 😫
1. Painkillers like -naproxen, Ibuprofen, paracetamol
2. Going for a walk
3. Heat packs
5. Hot bath
6. Tens machine
7. Relaxation techniques to reduce tightness
If your period pain is SEVERE and CONSISTENTLY irregular / heavy, don’t freak out.
THERE are many qualified Doctors and Gynaecologists who can help determine what is going on and help you live a life with less pain. Be open to chat about all of your symptoms and be open to their suggestions.
If a Doctor tells you it’s all in your head and you should go on Anti-depressants please find another doctor. Your pain is real. 💛💛